View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 10:16 AM   #1
Nanook

Question Is this possible from the factory

I came across the following ad for an "original 64 K10", my question is would a SWB be available with 3/4 ton axles from the factory? (Below is a copy of the text from the ad.)

My best research would indicate that this is a unaltered 3/4 ton SHORT BOX frame and chassis - although it COULD even be a ONE ton version. VERY VERY RARE either way!

ORIGINAL UNALTERED SHORT BOX PERIOD CORRECT FRAME! ORIGINAL SUSPENSION - lift blocks and all components are stock and unaltered. .
Over load (dual) rear leaf springs.

Front Differential: SPICER 44 with 12" brakes and "Power Train" locking hubs. Rear Differential: EATON model H011 heavy duty with 4:56 gears. Indestructible rear end type - popular with tractor pullers. Full floater.
Transfer case: Original Heavy-Duty TIMKEN #221.

NICE CLEAN interior with original seat. No mice smells!
1/2 ton BODY/sheet metal. Beautiful STRAIGHT tailgate! Box rail tops near PERFECT condition. Even the roof drip edge still has the caulking in tact all the way around! Needs cab mounts, rockers, front fenders and hood.

Extra front clip - SUPER STRAIGHT!

NICE RARE PROJECT!
EXTRA PARTS including the original transfer case and drive shafts (3).

First $4500.00
No trades - unless you have some original GOLD COLOR 67-72 Chev truck sheet metal parts (hood, tailgate, doors and passenger side front fender)

Honest Seller.
Nanook is offline   Reply With Quote