View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 10:04 PM   #40
LiLDrumKing3

Re: 65 c10 stepside build

Not much of an update, but I'll share anyway. I'm having quite a bit of trouble on getting my truck running smooth. It starts up and runs decent, but when I rev it up it backfires in the exhaust. I'm not sure what the problem is yet. I've been having some trouble with the carb. I think it might be running rich due to the black smoke it is shooting out of the exhaust on the backfires. It idles a little rough and could be misfiring, but I'm not possitive. I adjusted the Idle mixture screw and Idle stop screw and could not get a smooth idle. The plugs and plug wires are fairly new, and I haven't touched anything to mess with the timing. That is why Im thinking it's a carb problem. Im going to pull the plugs to see if they are fouled out. I figured it would be pretty simple to work that carb cause their is not much to it, but it's not being very forgiving unless I'm totally missing out on something. I've ran out of ideas so if yall have any input of what this could be I would love to hear them.

Check out my Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=410658
LiLDrumKing3 is offline   Reply With Quote