View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 12:33 PM   #5
Shelby0099

Thumbs up Re: Project Farm Fresh: 1967 C10 LWB <10k miles

One thing I'd like to add: as you may have noticed, my screen name is Shelby...i come from more of a Ford experience, having restored a '65 Mustang and modified a '92 Mustang. I'm not a Ford purist and I never got into the Ford vs Chevy battle, I never bashed anyone for wanting a Chevy when I was working on my Fords.

HOWEVER, I do have to say that I am very impressed with this C10 and very impressed with the choice of rear suspension and it highlights the differences between Ford and Chevy back in the 60s. I love my Mustang, but god damn, it NEVER had a panhard rod and rear coils. The Mustang had just a couple of leaf springs. This C10 rear suspension just kicks Mustang's ass. The quality of the C10 all around does seem to be higher than what Ford did with the Mustang. The Mustang, although I love it, does seem to have been lacking in several design areas and without fully getting into all the details of the C10 I just see how it is superior and I actually feel cheated by Ford...lol. I had to buy an aftermarket panhard rod for the Mustang, convert that single reservoir master cylinder to dual, the fuel fittings were clumsy...etc. On this C10 all the components just look like higher quality and more sophisticated design....and this is a Truck. I wouldn't expect that on a just a truck. Toughness yes, but sophistication no.

I'm really looking forward to digging in to this and perhaps that's why I'm leaning towards keeping it stock; I don't really see a need to upgrade, it was built so well at the factory. I'm proud to work on this and it makes me fond to say the word Chevrolet.
Shelby0099 is offline   Reply With Quote