View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 10:52 PM   #11
Shelby0099

Re: Project Farm Fresh: 1967 C10 LWB <10k miles

That's a beautiful truck you got there. That's very much what I'm trying to build, old and dull...lol. Love the blue paint you got there, if my bed wasn't a different color than the front end and had the same patina going on...i'd have left it. Did you do that paint? It's got just the right fade.

For my rear, the truck has less than 10k mi, so I was just going to clean up and paint the rear, check the bearings, new fluid and just see how she feels. It is a Posi and I want to keep the 283 stock so I don't see the need to put a different rear in it...just open up the exhaust a little.

If I don't like the 283 after driving it, then I might take the LS that's in my Silverado and drop the drivetrain into the '67...but those are big ifs. I'd love to enjoy this truck as a time-machine and respect the original equipment as much as possible. The focus is more on the suspension and fixing the body rot...and trying to make it look dull and old...lol...maybe just a little semi-shiny but the point is to make it look like the truck is 5-10 yrs old.
Shelby0099 is offline   Reply With Quote