View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 01:14 PM   #39
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

Re: My new project truck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Gold/white View Post
Sometimes one ton pickups don't come with spare tire/wheels. I'd sure want one though, even if I did not have it mounted on the vehicle.

So what gave you the burning desire to own a 67 1 ton, and specifically a 67???
Do you have a purpose for it? Or is it like my 2 pickups, you just want one, and don't care what others think or any crap about having an old pickup around that is not practical??? LOL

Those wheels look like 16.5's. If you need tires, go to Walmart.com. Just plug in your tire size in their search box, and it will show you all brands and prices of that particular size. They will ship an tire to the store you want at no charge. Sometimes the wait is a few days...
Well, my prized heirloom truck is a 68 stepside. I like the sleek way that 67s look with their lack of marker lights and small rear windows. However I have been eyeing C30 dually flatbeds on this site for several years, and was toying with the idea of owning one. Flatbed trucks have always appealed to me for some reason.
The 68 stepside was supposed to be my final project truck. But when I found this 67 GMC 3500, I was initially disappointed that it was not a C30, and was even considering "cloning" it into one. Then after careful consideration I realized just how rare GMC 3500s are, especially the 67 ones. So I decided to rescue this one from a rusty, isolated, lonely, death out in the farmer's field. It truly is one of the last of its kind, and we site members are saving these endangered trucks from rust-inction.
It will serve as a carry-all for anything that we ever need to move, and be a neat-to-have-around truck!
PROJECT JIGSAW 1967 GMC C3500
GREAT WHITE 1986 Blazer M1009

Last edited by HIGHWAY BY THE SEA; 10-31-2018 at 05:42 PM.
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA is offline   Reply With Quote