View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 11:15 PM   #425
HO455
Post Whore

Angry Re: Working Man's Burbon

A nice shiny Friday turned ugly. I was pulling into the parking lot at the deli I frequent for lunch when this 10-15 year old BMW suddenly backs out of a parking spot, turns and smacks into the side of the WMB. I tried to dodge him, but I was barely moving and had no chance. Hit me right at the rear wheel.. He pulled ahead 10 feet, I got out of the truck and he looked back at me and took off. I got the plate number and called 911 to report the hit and run. About 5 minutes later a patrol car arrives, the officer takes my information, asks me how long I have owned the WMB, compliments me on having a nice truck and goes off. I return to work and try to call the better half but she doesn't answer. Around 45 minutes later the officer calls me to say he is knocking on my front door. The girl friend answers the door while I'm talking to the officer and she immediately jumps to the conclusion something terrible has happened to me. After everything is settled down I learn they have found the driver. He is 16 driving on a permit. He had no adult with him and no insurance either. Freaking wonderful!
Tomorrow I get to call the parents and try to figure this out. I'm betting they owe $4500 on their $5000 car, have maxed out credit cards and barely make rent.
On the up side the nice folks at the deli said they will get the camera footage for me, plus they gave me lunch for free.
I know the damage isn't terrible. The part that makes me angry is that all that will happen to this miserable $&@+&#@ kid is he will get a ticket and IF he decides to buy insurance in the next 5 years it will cost him more.

I hope everyone else had a great Friday!
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote