View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 11:24 PM   #7
SCOTI

Re: 86 C10 Trailing Arm Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW76 View Post
.... Also, I am switching to a 69 axle that is setup for leaf springs. I am curious how to locate the trailing arm perches and center the axle. My plan was to leave the leaf springs in until the last steps so that I could use them to locate everything. I believe the perches on both the 69 and my 86 axle are in the same place so I was just going to unbolt the old axle and put the new one in and locate the crossmember based on that. Sorry if any of this is unclear. Thanks for any help or contributions.
Try finding a rear housing that's ready for truck arms. While this can be done several different ways, 12-bolt 67-69 truck rears aren't commanding premium dollars in used, non-posi condition. Become a supporting member ($25/yr subcription) & post a want-to-buy ad in the 67-72 classifieds. I bet you'd get a few hits from fellow members in your area.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 09-23-2009 at 11:26 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote