View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 06:25 PM   #8
petey-pablo
"THE GREEN GOBLIN"

Re: BROWN WHITE Striped wire from the Ignition switch Burnt what can cause this?

Ok guys heres a small update I spoke to a tech from American AutoWire where I bought the harness from via email about my problem and this is what he said "The wire you describe is a resistance (Brown / White Strip) type special wire to excite the alternator. If this wire burned then the alternator must have shorted to ground causing this wire to melt. The wire is stainless steel and can not be soldiered. Please give me a call direct and will discuss your options".
Today I took My Alternator to get tested and it tested BAD.. So they replaced it under warranty. So I talked to the tech from American AutoWire by phone and explained to him my situation again and told him i wanted to fix my wire he offerd to fix the harness for me if I sent it back to them. He also suggested I can go with a 1wire alternator and eliminate that wire completely. So I had my Alternator converted today to a wire. But my question still stands on the fuse block Do you guys think I am over loading it with what I have hooked up to it? I want to be safe because I don't feel 100% positive the Alternator itself being bad could have caused this.. What do you guys think thanks again for the help guys...
Front 2.5inch Spindles with 2inch Springs Rear 4inch drop Springs.
454BBC TH400,Posi

1971 Cheyenne 10 Long Fleet Side
454BBC TH350,Posi Sold

Drive it like you stole it!
Petey-pablo@sbcglobal.net
petey-pablo is offline   Reply With Quote