View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 10:39 PM   #130
75Dually

Re: 68 GMC to a 2003 Tahoe chassis

Today I worked on rerouting the brake lines and the main harness on the drivers side. I still have to build a heat shield to protect the lines and the harness from the catalytic converter, but that will be for another day. The routing was not a clean as I would have liked it and I'm going to go back and make sure everything is neat and perfect before we button the cab portion of the build. For now nothing is touching anything, and it is out of the way so I can proceed to setting the cab back on and getting the measurements I need to make the new mounts/bracing.

One of the fun parts for me today was making the flares on the end of the lines. Each line had to be shortened and cut precisely so they would fit back perfectly in their respective ports. It is a tedious job, but I like making sure they were right the first time. Getting the cuts just right and then remembering to put the flare nut on before I made the flare (trust me if I've done it more times than I would like to admit...). You can learn a lot by watching someone do something on YouTube, but this is one task that you just have to dive in and try for yourself. If you have never made your own brake lines I highly recommend you give it a try.

My best friend has the Snapon scanner tool that you can make the ABS cycle through it's test mode. This lets the air out of the system (most of the time...). Because I pulled the lines off, the system is going to have to be really well bled to make sure there is no air in the ABS or the balance of the system.

So tomorrow I will get the O2 sensor harness on the passenger side moved inside the frame rail, which should hopefully not take to long...

Ah well stay tuned!
Attached Images

Last edited by 75Dually; 03-17-2018 at 10:49 PM.
75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote