View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 10:59 PM   #13
burnin oil

Re: What master cylinder/proportioning valve to use?

For the guys looking for the brake parts. Go to Summit racing. They carry about every part that you could need and usually have about the best price. I bought a disc/drum proportioning valve there for a 70's chevy in the past. There really isnt a whole lot to them so it should work out just fine. Fittings and wiring connections are really the big differences. Heck it went on a 90s Dodge 3/4 ton. They also carry a mess of valves for the drums. I would assemble without it and see what happens. It is simple enough to add later. Some setups seem to work better without them and trial and error is the only sure way to know.

Hydroboost units are pretty generic with the major differences being the mounting plate, connector rod for the pedal, and fitting size. The internals are about identical. When my dad rebuilt his the company he got the kit from only stocked two different ones. This was a large rebuilder and not a specialty outfit. The kits where just like any major overhaul setup that contained an extra seal or two but it just shows how universal they really are.
burnin oil is offline   Reply With Quote