View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #25
focusedontheprize

Re: 1949 Chevy 3100 - the journey begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
hey just came across this build. I'm liking it. I actually have an nv3500 but mounted to a v8. However, my next project is going to be more like this. I do have another 3500 and was wondering how yours mates up to the 292? Will the input shaft need to be trimmed? I have an adapter that my friend made for mounting the t-5 to an inline. So I was going to just get a t-5. But if I can't find one, I can just use my nv3500.
As far as I know (I just ordered the RAM "Muscle Car" clutch kit this week from Summit), nothing will need to be trimmed. I used the 292 with a V8 flywheel (had to open the flywheel holes to 1/2 from 7/16) and that mated perfectly with my 3 rail NV3500. Which model is yours?

To be honest, I was in the hunt for a T5 and then when I started to read more about the NV3500, that one took the reigns of what I was looking for. Picked mine up from a great guy for great price (amazing how when you tell these guys what it is going into, they have no problem working with you). I am very interested how this setup will be.
focusedontheprize is offline   Reply With Quote