View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 09:36 PM   #21
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Guess that clip, clamp, retainer, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
I had a batch of frame clips replated recently and painted them over the weekend. These are from a 72 Blazer: red clips have three lines (fuel or vapor lines), orange clips are for two fuel lines, and green are for two brake lines but one green also secures the ebrake cable with the speedo cable. Spring clamps were yellow.
Very cool. Aren't those two red clips for the transmission lines?

The pinch clamps for my vapor lines were two different shades of yellow. Under the cab were a dark mustard yellow. The connection between the two vent lines on the frame were a light shade of yellow, like how yours are painted. I imagine they're light yellow to the vapor canister, but my canister had been removed.

The fuel line connection under the cab were brown or dark tan pinch clamps. My wife can't decide, and she's pretty good with colors. The pinch clamps for the fuel pump had been removed, but I figure they were the same color.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote