View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 08:35 PM   #205
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroguy View Post
Very cool build and great attention to detail. I'm excited to hear it when you fire it.
Thanks man! Wow - I didn't realize it'd been so long since I last logged in! Some vacation, busy at work and I haven't made much progress either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakarjax View Post
A couple of random questions for you...

- Are your wheels going to fit in a stock wheel well?

- What paint do you use on small parts, eg the steering column bracket? I haven't had very good luck with anything in a rattle can besides this VHT Epoxy stuff so far.
Wheels:
Fronts - Yes, at least all the tests I've done so far support that. Until she's all together and sitting on the full weight and I run the steering lock to lock I reserver judgement.

Rears - No ... The stepside fender fits about a 10.5" wide tire (sidewall bulge to sidewall bulge with a little room) so I had to cut the bedsides to fit the tire I'm running (~12" wide) as I want the tire to be able to tuck. If I didn't want to tuck I could have gone with a different backspace but then the wheel would have stuck out more than I like.

Paint for the small stuff - I've been using the same exact stuff you linked, VHT epoxy satin black. I like the color and it seems to hold up pretty well if you follow the prep and application guidelines. So I'd say we have had the same experience. And for the rest wondering, this stuff is actually expensive. The can only covers ~14 sq ft if you're lucky. I've gone through a lot of cans.

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote