View Single Post
Old 04-03-2004, 01:12 PM   #54
SCOTI

Fasglas, the best thing to do is find out if the person you're considering doing business with has positive results w/others (ask for references).

But, even then there's no guarantees. I've bought a motor from 1 guy out of state & had excellent communication throughout the entire deal.... before & after he had my money. I've also done a deal w/another member out of state (for much less $$) that took much longer than needed, was extremely frustrating (w/poor communication after he got my money), & in the end I didn't even get what I originally paid for & specifically requested (I don't have anything good/bad to say about him.... I just won't do business w/him again).

On the motor I bought, he had sold motors before so I checked w/the board members & asked how their dealings w/him went & if they would do repeat business. Everyone had good things to say. If I wasn't able to get a good reference for him from others, I would not have bought the motor. For a big purchase like that you're much better dealing w/someone local. Also remember you are responsible for your part.... get them the $$ when you say you will (don't let it drag on). You can then expect the same from them if you arrange it in advance.

A good idea is to make some friends on the board through various local-area meet & greets or bigger shows. Once you have friends on the board you have that many more people to network for any parts you're trying to find (& you could possibly help them as well).

Best of luck to you.... and yes I'm in Texas, we're not all bad.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote