View Single Post
Old 04-26-2004, 04:25 PM   #56
'72 Burb

Question

Now that all the pissing and moaning is over about this guy, what is the answer? How do you buy and sell on this, or any other board, when you are a new member?
I have tried to sell parts on this board in the past. You post the parts, you get replies asking for about a million pics, then you get someone who tells you they want to buy the part, then you E-mail and P.M. them for about 2 weeks looking for payment only to get about every story in the book about why they are late getting you the money, in the mean time you tell other people that the part is sold, in the end you wind up with the parts still in your garage and no money in your pocket.
Or if you are trying to buy parts, you send messages and P.M.s trying to get as much info as possible about the parts your wanting to buy, you take off work or give up your weekend to go look at the parts, only to be dissapointed by what you see when you get there. It is unbelievable how alot of these parts get misrepresented.
Now I'm not saying this is everytime or by everybody, just like all of ya'll shouldn't throw all board members form TEXAS under the bus, but my question is still the same. What is the answer?
I can't go through life with the motto of "assume the worst and anything better is a bonus".
I have met this guy in question, I've even been by his house. He seemed like an O.K. guy and on this paticular parts quest, we didn't do business because I felt the part I wanted was misrepresented, not unlike alot of other parts I looked at from other sellers on this board. So guys, lets all be honest about how we describe our parts and services, and keep watching each other's backs.
For anyone who is interested, I have had some chrome work done at the same place this guy gets his done, and they didn't do a bad job for the money (with chrome plating, you get what you pay for). If your part that you are having chromed looks bad to start with, all you will end up with is a chrome part that still looks bad.
Sorry to be ramblin' on, the board is as good as it's members and from what I have seen and read, IT AIN'T ALL BAD.
Stay Hard.
'72 Burb is offline   Reply With Quote