Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 01:09 PM   #689
Speedysdad

Re: S10 Swap how to

Couple quick questions:. ( Remember, my first build. Appreciate all input.)

With the engine hanging in the truck, the pan is about 2.25" above the front crossmember. It really can't be lower, my v8 s10 conversion headers will hit the a arm on the pass side. The carb mounting surface is about 1* high in front, again, to clear the header. I can't raise the tranny anymore without raising the cab, it's pretty close to the floor at the tranny rear(1.5") and I have cut out all of the firewall that I want. I don't want to tunnel the whole cab. I could tunnel the middle where it dishes down under the seat, but that looks like the driveshaft won't have a lot of clearance at the back of the cab under weight. I would consider installing another 1/2" spacer on top of the cab mounts, if necessary. So, does this sound like I am in the ballpark of where I should be.

Second question:. I am about 4.25" off of the frame to the bottom of the floor, not mounting surface, the floor. Will I have problems lining up the fenders and hood with my radiator support with the 19"x22" radiator in it if I leave it here. I am working on the radiator support now. I know rasing the cab would fix all of this, but my dad is in a wheelchair and I need it to be low. Will not use airbags.
383/700r4/373
Speedysdad is offline   Reply With Quote