Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 02:42 AM   #699
joedoh

Re: S10 Swap how to

I did this on my 49. the rad is too wide to fit without modification but you can get it in exactly the right position to clear the power steering hoses and the hood. I used the s10 condenser too , but the evaporator and blower do not fit under the hood, its about 2 inches wide from fitting between the engine and the hood. instead I used a blower box from a 98 tahoe, it barely fit between the dash and the firewall and the vent distribution had to be removed (too wide) but the s10 controls controlled the fan and the blend door.

here is a couple pictures of the mods for the radiator. the s10 radiator mounts to some rings with a rubber grommet on the bottom and a simple clamp on top, you can see the rings in a couple pictures.
IMG_3555 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_3556 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_3767 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

make sure you rebuild the lower air director to funnel the air ONLY through the condenser/rad, otherwise it will just take the path of least resistance UNDER the condenser/rad. I used a plastic material called kydex, its very flexible but also very strong, its like a thinner, stronger ABS. Its not available everywhere, we have a surplus store that always has a couple sheets.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote