View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 08:51 PM   #1
parb

I got scared... Need advice

Hi all,

So yesterday I was out driving the Jimmy and I had to go a couple of miles on the highway. I'm doing 65 when some idiot does something stupid in front of me and I had to quickly away to the side to avoid hitting him. Very exciting, but unfortunately not that uncommon in my area.

The scary part was the massive body roll. I turned slight left and sharp right as this happened. The front left part of the car dipped down so low that I was worried I was about to flip over. I kind of got out of it but now that I know the experience I don't want to have that happen again....

Ok so it was really scary and that made me wonder what I can do about it. Do they make swaybars for these trucks? I saw this stuff http://sokyclassics.com/product.php?section=1002085

Does any of it work? Is it straight boot in? Will it help for what I described?

My 72 GMC Jimmy is stock 4x4. No lift or anything. I have relatively cheap shocks, kyb gas-a-just. I emailed Bilstein to get their shocks but they told me they didn't have anything that fits so I just put on cheap shocks for now.

What do you guys recommend? Change the shocks (and if so to what?).
Put on a away bar kit? Is there a holt-on kit that works and doesn't require require a bunch of metal work?

Looking for advise. I won't go off-roading in this truck.
parb is offline   Reply With Quote