Thread: water trick
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 06:21 PM   #35
shifty
Questionable

Re: water trick

Don't bother with water. Strong potential to hydrolock! Water doesn't compress, if you're going to try this method, use a spray bottle and mist the water into the carb, I wouldn't POUR it in, even slowly.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...hlight=seafoam

Please read that thread, it discusses Seafoam, how to use it. I have had *exceptionally* good results with Seafoam.

You are not supposed to use it on 120k mile or more engines. IT can remove oil deposits from your gaskets that are holding them together, causing leaks

Believe me - when you kill the engine, then fire it up 10 minutes later, you'll know it worked, it smokes like holy hell from the carbon it's burning off. I saw someone take a bore scope inside a cylinder before and after using Seafoam - things went from brass colored to shiny, shiny silver. The stuff is no BS. People have been using it for decades with great results.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 01-03-2007 at 06:22 PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote