Thread: 58 TRUK intro
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #80
DransportGarage

Re: 58 TRUK intro

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
head unit is a JVC single din dvd, i bought dvd for the mega mp3 as in 4.7 gb of mp3's on a single disc.
3400 miles in 10 days on the 2011 hot rod power tour and we only had 1 dvd
the head unit also has a usb port, i just bought a 16 gb low profile flash drive to go in there.
i'll be able to drive coast to coast and back without listening to the same song.
i'm a hard rock, electric blues kind of guy. and loud

i only listen to mp3's, not a fan of sirius or broadcast radio commercials.
i do have an antenna under the pass step that works well, just never use it.

my speakers and amps are arc audio.
speakers are component 4.5'' w/1.5'' tweeters, i have 4 sets in the kicks and doors.
4x400 amp arc audio speaker amp.
10'' arc audio sub w/ arc audio 1x600 amp.
and i believe 10,000 ft of speaker wire (approximately )

the monitor is just a cheap ebay headrest monitor, i tested it and know it works, but have never used it.
i wouldn't put one in if i did another console.

cheap speakers are hard on the ears, you get what you pay for...
there are some nice all-in-one amps, it was tough getting 2 amps behind my seat.
that said... i paid $0 for my speakers, sub and amps
all take outs from a sema project that rockford fosgate wanted to sponsor
Ogre, That's quite a setup for near zero $$s! Sounds (no pun intended) like you're pretty much set for tunes. My wife's a big Clapton fan. I guess she just likes bad boys. I'm into vintage rock (some), and oldies in general. I can handle just about anything short of hip-hop & rap, but I understand some like that too.

The Arc Audio is a little pricey for me. Now I'm looking at the Polk Audio DXi6500 (components) at Best Buy (on sale for $149, x2 for kick panels and doors), which spec out better than the Alpines I was looking at for the same $$s.

I'll have to mock up the kick panels to see if I can get 6-1/2"ers in there.
DransportGarage is offline   Reply With Quote