View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 08:41 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

Re: Wheel Vintiques / JEGS Rant

Well, maybe Jeg's is the bad guy here. I don't know. I've always been happy, and maybe just lucky. I sure was when it was time to get my 16 x 8 8-luggers. They most certainly were on backorder when I bought them and I knew that full well in advance. I felt they did a very smart business move but putting the $125 wheels on sale for $90. They became available when they said they would and I got a $500 set for $360 with no agony.

I feel your pain and frustration. Been there/done that on many things. Those tires I spoke of took so long I had to tell them when they came in to not send them to MD because I was moving to CO... and gave that address. Then, me and the gal I was going out to be with broke up so I took my buddy up on coming down to FL for the winter, then head to CO in the Spring. Changed shipping address again. It was Spring by the time they became available, so I had them ship to MD because I was heading back up before heading west and I needed good tires for the trip. Head spinning yet? I had just turned 22 when I ordered then and I was only a couple months from my 23rd birthday when I finally got them.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote