Thread: bent frame?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 10:06 AM   #8
mountie

Re: bent frame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared.landis View Post
well i was able to get underneath the truck today. i live in an apartment complex so pulling the bed is not an option right now. i inspected the mounting bolts for the bed. i did not see any trauma to the bolts or the frame in that area. i even tried to push up on the bed to see if it was loose (if the bolts were sheared and i just couldn't see) and it didn't move.

mountie, no i didn't not remove the bumper. it had a roll pan on it when i bought it 14 years ago.

since i have your attention, i also have another question. when the time comes to take it to a frame shop, will i be able to get a quote from the shop without being obligated to go through with the repair. i only ask this because my budget is VERY limited at this time.
jared... Since you were rear ended.. ( Are you in a State that is a "no fault" state? ) Anyway, the 'insured' ( the other guy ) .. Their insurance should cover everything... & You, NO NOT settle that you were not injured... yet..... until your truck is repaired. Have a good body shop confirm a bent frame - & confirm it is actually bent ( some shops will claim a bent frame for the extra money ( not all adjusters know how to tell if it's a fact, it's bent)....

I may be running on...... But YOUR insurance company ADJUSTER 'should' be doing all the homework . AT NO COST TO YOU....
YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY IS SUPPOSED TO be repaid from the other company that hit you.

If your bed rails were bent, you could either take a "cash allowence" for the damage or demand a new bed - painted to match.
'93 Mercedes SL 500 Teal
'86 Yamaha FZ750 - 15,000 RPM
'86 Yamaha FJ1200 - Criminally Fast
2016 Ferrari 488 GTB, I drive it - don't own it.
'05 GMC Yukon XL , SLT 4wd ( just purchased 2018)
mountie is offline   Reply With Quote