Thread: New to squares
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 04:02 PM   #8
Ski-me

Re: New to squares

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Timber View Post
I wouldn't say re-gearing is not worth it, it's just expensive. I had a C2500 crew cab with a small block once that was lazy. Swapping from 3.73 gears to 4.56 gears totally transformed the truck. You're looking at a grand easy to re-gear your Burb front and rear but it will make a big difference if you're running 3.42 gears now. Like Jeff said, pull the cover and see what you've got.
yea, I originally had 3.42's on my blazer and ran up to 33's. I have since changed axles and gearing. Now at 4.10's with 35's. I did drive around with the 33's for awhile and that was a really nice balance. Will admit, 35's did take a little from the power department, but I like the look better than the 33's (And so does my wife!) I'm also driving at 6500' elevation. At 2500', that does help the truck.....depending on your elevation.

Just so you know, 87' was first year of fuel injection so you picked a nice one. Still separate belts on the engine vs. a single serpentine, but otherwise, a lot of the same things up to 91'.

I also like the maroon interior! It's pretty cool!

89' K5 Blazer, 2.5" lift, 35" tires
04' GMC Yukon XL, 3/4 ton, 8.1L
Ski-me is offline   Reply With Quote