Thread: C10 Goldilocks
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 02:13 PM   #38
Phill0406

Re: C10 Goldilocks

Boy I'm pretty bad at updating this.

Last week was a super productive week on the truck, wish they could all be like that. We got a good snow storm on Tuesday so I went into the shop and got some small stuff done. Figured out the gas tank placement, adjusted the trailing arm length, drilled some more holes (story of my life) and tied up a few loose ends. I used a good tip that Mike (MMcMasters) gave me and used some universal end link bushings to raise the tank but I took it one step further and had a friend machine some outer sleeves for them. No pictures of it unfortunately but I'll remember to take some when I go to the shop next.

Friday night I had a good friend come over whos a far better welder than me and weld up the rack notches, made a front brace for the cab mounts, and then I had time tack in the step notches in the back so I can have the frame powder coated as a square unit rather than in total pieces.

Then yesterday I got the steering rack in place, had to cut just about 3 inches of either side to get it in place. The length it came it was pushing the tiresatleast 5 degrees toed out. Drilled out the knuckles to allow the 5/8ths bolts, got the sway bar in place, matted the trans to the motor, slapped it in and there it was.

I absolutely love how the porterbuilt sway bar fits PERFECTLY under the front of the frame and is placed underneath the front brace so you won't see if when you look in the engine bay. Those guys have it down right!

I have a few issues to figure out, like my headers. The passenger side clearance I don't think is going to work. The collector hits the bellhousing so I might have to get some new ones. The transmission brace I have from porterbuilt is far too short to reach both inners of the frame so I need to figure out if they sent me the wrong one or what the hell else is going on.

This is butted up all the way against the other side/

I think after get that situated and get the brace in place it's time for powedercoat.

What did you guys typically pay to get your frames done? What was the turn around as well?

I'll go out some day this week and take some more photos of stuff to update you guys, cause if you're anything like me you're in here for the pictures lol.

Still trying to figure out where I'm gonna put my air ride. Since I raised the tank I don't have room for it above there. I don't LOVE the idea of it being under the bed becasue I don't wanna have to do a tilt floor nor do I wanna get underneath the truck just to change a fuse on the compressor, drain a trap or something else. I might just put it behind the bench and deal with the compressors for the 30 seconds they're on. I'm using to 444c viairs in a 5 gallon which is out of my subaru so I know it doesn't take too long to fill. If only accuair already have their endo CVT tank out!

Last edited by Phill0406; 03-20-2017 at 02:19 PM.
Phill0406 is offline   Reply With Quote