Thread: C10 Goldilocks
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 11:11 AM   #42
Phill0406

Re: C10 Goldilocks

Figured out the trans brace, with the shims provided by porterbuild and a few clicks of a ratched the frame was perfect. Set the trans angle 5 down using an engine hoist and chains over the tail shaft, drilled it and had a complete frame.

Lasted only about 2 days though as I already stripped everything down to powder. I decided I'm going to be using POR15 and some chassis black paint on the frame itself and then powder on all the loose pieces. My thinking being 1 to cut down cost, 2 im going to have to grind off some to weld on exhaust hangers, 3 it allows me to do more myself, and 4 easy to repair.

Really sucks to see it like this but I know it's still progress. Took about an hour and a half with a few friends to strip it all down, tag and bag all the bolts and have it all inventoried. The porter pieces are going to powder tomorrow or Wednesday and I was told to be returned April 7th.

That being said, went out and got a wire cup wheel and went to town on my frame. I have a little 40lb sandblaster from harbor freight I'm gonna use for the hard to reach places but this 3" wheel is knocking it out pretty fast. Few hours into it last night when I had to call it quits and work on the first lady's Jeep. Plus I need a friend to come by and help me flip it over to get the bottom sides.

My plan is to get this thing painted this weekend and if I have time, put a posi in the rear end and get that cleaned up too. I swear this truck is consuming my entire life lately.
Phill0406 is offline   Reply With Quote