View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
jcramsey

The Egg Hauler.... not much of a build

This is Elbert, my 66 stepside. My dad bought this truck back in 2001 while I was in college. He got it from an old chicken farmer named Elbert who bought it new and used it to haul eggs from his farm in our little community to sell in another town about 20 miles away. It's a well used truck, but in remarkable shape. A few dings in the stepside fenders, a small crease in the drivers door, some well worn paint, and the typical front fender rust. (Pictures show the aftermarkerts ones, but I still have originals, which I am putting back on.) The original engine was a little inline 250. My dad pulled that motor and put a 327 and auto tranny. Fortunately he kept everything and eventually put the three speed back in, with only a few small holes in the floor to show for it. My dad mainly drove the truck around the house, and my brother and I would drive it in our community Christmas parade. I got the chance to buy it off my dad last year, and didnt think twice. He was gracious enough to let me have it for what he's got in it ( I returned the favor on the Dodge he bought off me) and I've been loving every minute since he hauled it down for me.

This isnt gonna be an earth shattering build thread. Not laying rockers or throwing in an LS motor and a six speed...all of which I'd love to have a truck to do to. This guy is too original and too clean for me to want to do much of anything to.

Only real mods thus far are a simple 3/5 static spring drop. Looking to get some 2.5" drop spindles so I can run disc brakes and make a little safer for the highway driving. Other than than...I'm just gonna drive the wheels off...

If you've read this far, you definitely deserve some pics
Attached Images

Last edited by jcramsey; 01-31-2013 at 01:34 PM.
jcramsey is offline   Reply With Quote