View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 02:58 PM   #73
KenAdams

Re: 1966 C10 Daily Driver

Assembly, assembly, assembly. Everything is a mess, parts all over the place. I decided to powder coat the valve covers now so now assembly is going in reverse.

Driveshaft came in, and I realized I still dont have a transmission crossmember... I swear I ordered it... I was sweating the driveshaft coming in. I measured 100 times, but still had that fear in the back of my head that I mismeasured or wrote something down wrong. I bought a 3" aluminum from Dennys, took about a month to get it. I am apparently in a driveshaft desert, couldn't find anyone around me to make one.

I've been playing the back and forth game with Jegs looking for a straight water neck/thermostat housing for a LS3. The Spectre 4932 is the one that ended up being right. Advance Auto let me spend an hour looking through their hose wall. I found a Dayco D71852 that fits almost perfect (with a little trimming). It's 1.5 on both ends and the height for the z is dead on. ICT Billet sells a hose that works perfect for a heater core loop untill I get the heater set up.

I splurged and bought the GM (PN#19301246) air intake kit. I looked and looked, but couldn't figure out if the Spectre intakes had the bung for PCV on it so I gave up and ordered the Chevrolet Performance Kit. (I know the MAF sensor tube is mounted backwards). I'll eventually trim it to length when I get the fenders mounted.

KenAdams is offline   Reply With Quote