Thread: Building a 6.0
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 03:53 PM   #18
Overdriven

Re: Building a 6.0

@NC_John I'm just going by what people claim on the internet. I take it with a grain of salt of course but I've seen enough claims of people driving stock bottom end GenIV turbo LS 5k-10k miles with a bunch of drag strip passes and somewhere in the neighborhood of 700whp without issue to be comfortable with building something similar in the near future. It would be great to have longer term assessment but that's not always available. My personal goal is 600-650whp and I'll be sure to plaster the internet as best I can with the results.

@BR3W_CITY If you had a headache why type so much? Lol. But seriously you sound like you're talking down to me in that post. If you have experience then share what you've seen without the "ugh what are you talking about noob" attitude. I'll admit I'm a noob with ecu's and I was basically regurgitating based on mental notes in my head. I forget the specifics but somewhere on the internet I came across several cases of almost quad digit HP levels and the stock ecu would do something unexpected and need to be spoofed or have a total left field adjustment made to the tune to prevent the unexpected behavior. Whether the unexpected behavior was the result of going outside the stock ecu capabilities as you said or less than stellar tuning know how is unknown to this noob. I just regurgitated it. Thanks for sharing your knowledge though, I generally enjoy your posts.

Last edited by Overdriven; 06-23-2017 at 04:19 PM.
Overdriven is offline   Reply With Quote