View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 10:28 AM   #49
58CameoAZ

Re: Installing Deluxe trim on cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcouple View Post
a little info here. http://www.trifive.com/forums/archiv...p/t-82980.html

If you can find an old, 70s catalog for Golden States PU parts, Seth had a how to including pictures in there, he must have scored a bunch of that trim or was having it made. The new owners may be able to find it as well.
Funny you mention this,my brother in law owned Mustang Auto wreckers
(right across from the notorious Mustang Ranch) he would gather a TON
of 47-59 parts and take them to Seth at Golden State back in the day.
Seth Guaranteed him at least 3k for a trailer load of NOS parts back then,
My brother in law had a metal building FULL of parts and NOS parts back then,
i remember he scrounged all over Nevada and California for truck parts,heck he even found in a Dealership six 55-9 big back window cabs that were crated up and never VIN'd back then. I had my 58 before my youngest sister
and he got married, and my Mom and Dad met him before i did and when my Dad got home he told me you are going to $h^T, Guess what your new brother in law does for a Living Lol.... I went five years in a row from Phoenix
to there place to get parts for my truck, That is how i ended up with my Cameo Bed when he finally told me to come get what ever i needed for my truck as he was retiring and getting out of the business.
Still can remeber his 60x100 ft building FULL of truck parts, thought i died and went to heaven, Lol. I have most of the 70's magazines of Pickup's & Panels and i will dig them out as i do remember the article that Seth had about installing the Deluxe Chrome trim. If i find it i will share some pic's of the article.

Allen
58CameoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote