View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 10:53 AM   #10
SJLenz1340

Re: Lockup for 200r4

So last week I went to visit my trans rebuilder just to make sure I was on track. My main focus lock up wiring philosophies and TV geometry. At that point he talked me into installing a fluid cooler for the trans (which I was not originally intending to do). He stated that the heat generated by transmissions of that era was primarily responsible for failures which he said normally start to appear around 50K miles if not maintained. When in lock up heat generation is greatly reduced.
As far as some of the lock up kits commercially available, it is my opinion that when you calculate the cost of parts included, they are a total rip. Why pay over $100 for 8-12 bucks worth of parts? Allow common sense to prevail. BTO and Monster provide some nice part(s)/kit solutions, and if said parts can be applied to your truck that is just great (albeit a bit pricey). In my case specific to TV geometry there were no commercially available solutions to my original 4G. My rebuilder took care of the rest. Good luck!