View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #8
BMERDOC

Re: I Found the Magic Button!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermc View Post
Well I know where I'll get my next alignment.
Tink, consider your next alignment "on the house"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68gmsee View Post
Good info. I didn't realize it got this technical.
Lol! I'm not laughing at you but my discoverys have me scratching my head at all those shim stacks in these trucks. To the person you are paying, it shouldn't be all that "technical". As you can see I used a total of three, count them, THREE shims to get a great alignment with a stock suspension (and within factory specs) minus the three inch springs. I'm chomping at the bit to get a hold of a stock suspension truck and try this same method.

I'd have to say that after years of experience most techs aren't mathematical geniuses. I think those capable of doing alignments with the old technology they were provided just added and subtracted shims until the alignment was "good enough" and within spec. You were pretty much stuck with the end result. If they had removed all the shims and started from scratch looking at the numbers and realized what was actually happening alignments could have been better. Maybe after some time and experience aligning these trucks it'll make more sense as to why this happened.

Sorry for the semi-sorta rant. I feel better now.
2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote