Thread: Buddy's truck
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 05:50 PM   #1
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Buddy's truck

This is a build that is being done because I have an abundance of parts. Let me give you the back story. I bought a plow truck to use around the house as a kinda beater and to plow the yard in the snow. It needed a lot of help and frankly the more I got into it I realized that it just wasn't worth having around. , so I began the search for a replacement. Before I got to that I was going to do a cab swap on it so I bought a beautiful cab from fellow board member AspecialZ. He also threw some extra fenders at me. So while hauling in a truck for another board member ( Scott H ) we went to go look at a guy selling some parts he had from his uncle or father in laws truck who was a guy named Buddy. We got to talking and I bought out his entire stock of stuff . This was a complete 74 rolling chassis with the entire driveline, 250 6 cyl motor, 3 speed standard tree shift , a replacement bed, a couple of boxes of parts , a great seat, and a good hood. Also included were some good LMC parts. Scott thought that a 4x4 truck I found on ebay looked good so I bought that too. Now I have three old trucks here ( four if you count my 82 longbed) and I decided to make a couple of good trucks . The entire plow set up off of my old plow truck is going on the beater I bought and a lot of other pieces are going to swap over to the shortbed that for now is being called Buddy's build Now for pics the first two pics show some of the parts I bought from the original buddys truck the last pic shows the cab in my shop ( along with my restored 82 longbed and the wifes 66 mustang and one of my harleys
Attached Images

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote