View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 07:54 AM   #66
kevinr1970

Re: Chevy Sport Truck questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by C10-Driver View Post
Well, I guess I have something of interest to this thread. kevinr1970 pointed me here when he saw pictures of my new daily driver. It is a 1990 GMC Sierra ST. (Sport Truck - I think?). It has a 350/700R combo. Someone mentioned the engine in a similar truck as being responsive, I can confirm that. It has real good power... Lots of get up and go. It is optioned with bucket seats, AC, power windows and locks but no tilt column??? It also has the painted bumpers but is trimmed on the lower part of the truck with gray and a red stripe. Here are some pictures of it.
That is strange it has all those options but no tilt?
I also noticed it has the standard mirrors and not the "sport" mirrors. Maybe that was a GMC vs. Chevy difference?

In the other thread you mentioned maybe doing some paint work. I am certainly not telling you what to do with your truck. Just my opinion but I personally would be inclined to keep the factory scheme. You don't see many and it is "unique" for whatever thats worth. If the paint needs re-doing then I could see doing something different, But it is YOUR truck so do what YOU want to do.

PS; after you have a chance to burn through a few tanks of gas I would be interested to know you MPG average.

PPS: I used to travel around BC a bit during the summers for Mt. bike races. Seems everything a few years old was rusting out. Yours looks pretty good though. Was it garaged or stored during the wet months?
It might have had to do with traveling to ski resorts/mountain towns so that might have had something to do with it.
1991 GMC CrewCab Dually 4x4, just going to fix things up for now
1982/1989 K5/GMC Jimmy 2wd
1987 GMC 1/2 ton swb 2wd Crew (sold)
kevinr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote