View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 01:13 AM   #126
Frizzle Fry

Re: '66 Sunbeam Minx Project - F20C/6sp/4-link/Discs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvsapp View Post
FF looking back through your thread, i just noticed that you have the master cylinder on it's side. are you planning to run a remote tank? and how did you calculate the brake pedal pin location? without the booster so that the brakes won't be too hard to use?
Yes it is turned 90* and I will be building/using/mod'ing a custom reservoir which will mount on top of the MC with feed tubes down to the inlet ports. Should bleed fine with the normal bench bleeding procedure.

I don't have the measurements in front of me but I moved the clevis up 1/2". That was as far as it could go and still get full stroke on the MC given the pedal/floor room. Add to that the fact that the s2000 weighs 33% more than the Minx (2800 v 2100), and I expect the pedal feel to be somewhere between power and manual brakes. Should be fine, but I can always make improvements if needed (that's my standard answer if you haven't noticed ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by neto View Post
Amazing build! That thing is going to fly. I have an S2000 stock and it moves like you wouldn't believe. WOW.
That's good to hear. I've never driven or been a passenger in one, so I'm not sure what to expect. I know they're quick and the drivetrains are pretty highly respected.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote