View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 07:15 AM   #1624
dirtyjim

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWNate1 View Post
When using rotary tools it is CRITICAL to use the $15 face shield ! . I got metal chips in my right eye decades ago the _one_ time I was " too busy " to go get it and my right eye will never be good again , learn from my stupidity , not your own horrible pain and misery spending the entire weekend awake in the Hospital please.... .

I hope to get back to it to - morrow and will attempt to show the usual damaged oil pan bolt holes and how to fix them , sorry about the blurry photos , some are , some are not , it must be me .

OBTW : the face shield gets filthy dirty but it's easy to clean , : use running cold water and your CLEAN FINGERS to gently work the grime lose and float it off with out scratching and ruining it , then shake dry and blot off the water drops with wadded toilet paper .

Wiping it with rags , destroys it instantly no matter how soft and clean you think your rags are .

SAFETY KNOWS NO SEASON ! .
its still a good idea to wear safety glasses under the shield and when you raise the shield tilt your head down so your looking at the ground at your feet. chips, shavings and such collect between the shield and the headband, then when you raise the shield it falls straight into your eyes