View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 01:36 PM   #164
phillipm

Re: 78 2wd Blazer - LS Swap and more..

So I was hoping my 50 watt laser had enough cojones to get through the 3/4" MDF.. Well it didn't. Last time I cut this stuff I was running 120 watts of power. So, I decided to just use the laser to mark each board. Much faster and easier than templating by hand that's for sure! The box is made up of just a couple parts. The back, stacking rings and then the top. Here you can see a couple pieces getting marked.

After that I used a combination of jigsaw and band saw to cut the pieces out. I think I've got about 2 hours in cutting everything. Next I'll glue and air nail everything together, but I haven't received the woofer yet, so I just want to wait and confirm fitment before doing that. Once I get it all into one piece I plan to belt sand the side and get it all smoothed out.

Also if you're wondering what I'm using it's a Hartmann 707. OD dimensions of this case are roughly 15x16x7. I think the color is Sandstone Toast. They made 3 different colors of this case, a blue, a gray and this tan one.

I haven't completely worked out how I'm going to mount it in the truck yet. I definitely don't want to modify or cut holes in the side panel so I'm just brainstorming some sort of base that can maybe slide under the carpet and provide the mounting support needed. Also I'll need to laser cut a hole pattern in the side to allow the air to pass. I'll probably do that on the back side of the luggage so it's not seen when mounted.

Last edited by phillipm; 09-21-2017 at 12:48 PM.
phillipm is offline   Reply With Quote