View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 12:57 AM   #4
Low Elco

Re: Old Yeller's new heart-5.3/4l60 swap!

Well, we just picked up an '06 5.3/4L60 from LKQ out of TX. The Pics are deceiving, there was a screwup and the "leave together" order got ignored. But they still had the trans, it'll be here Monday. They also broke one of the O2 sensors and didn't give us the pipe to the rears as specified. But, we got the pedal, TAC module, stock airbox, MAF, harness, VIN, all that stuff. The truck had 100,200 miles and was cleeeeean. New Belt, Alt, MAF, plug wires, idler pulley, etc. While still skittish, I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm hoping this works. I've talked to Eric, (ls1nova71) and he's generously offered to help with whatever roadblocks come up, and talk me down off the ledge, if need be.

Shameless Plug: Had a great experience with Kent Roberts at LKQ. Call him for anything like this you need, he's a great hookup and can send stuff anywhere there's an LKQ. Based in KC and is hot rod sympathetic, and more reasonable on price than you'd think. 1-866-478-2164, kmroberts@lkqcorp.com

Now, the harness. Call me names, but I want no part of hacking into this thing at my current level of experience. That being said, who's the best? Really looking hard at PSI, entertaining a few others. Suggestions?

And now, the pics!
Snug in the bed.
Name:  IMG_1515.jpg
Views: 4260
Size:  85.1 KB

Cleeean!
Name:  IMG_3811.jpg
Views: 4269
Size:  57.2 KB

New stuff!
Name:  IMG_3812.jpg
Views: 4257
Size:  46.8 KB

Even back here!
Name:  IMG_3816.jpg
Views: 4237
Size:  73.7 KB

Boppa and The Kid are stoked!
Name:  IMG_3818.jpg
Views: 4248
Size:  67.9 KB

Thanks for watching, guys. Feel free to holler if you see something phenomenally stupid about to happen.
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote