View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 06:57 AM   #875
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Thanks gents. The cab is back in the garage where it belongs. Incurred a delay of game....the wife decided we needed to visit one of our kids in Colorado. By the way, as many times as I passed over the areas that I Raptor'd, I still have a couple of light spots. From now on, I'll follow any of my paint work with my trusty Snap-On LED work light. The folding trailer the cab sits on came from my buddy Jim. It has made working on the cab and moving it around a breeze. I screwed a couple of 4x4's onto the trailer deck that the bottom of the truck steps sit on. I temporarily modified it with small blocks (see photo) and wax paper to keep the Raptor from sticking once I rotated it back to normal position. It worked.
Name:  IMG_7913.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  47.8 KB

Also, when I rebuilt the cab corners, I left out the water catching pockets (inner cab corner) and ran a plate across the top of the cab corner which left a 1/2" wide tight spot. I cleaned and primed it before I closed it up with the cab corner but still tough to get to with final coating.
Name:  IMG_2218.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  73.5 KB

Tight spot just under the orange paint between inner and outer cab corner.
Fortunately, I was able to put the Raptor gun spray tube up in the tight spot and heavily coat it.
Name:  IMG_6828.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  39.8 KB
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote