View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 05:01 PM   #203
60-66

Re: The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Factory Correct Restoration Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by oem4me View Post
Thanks for those Lambrecht engine shots, Jon. I'm curious to know what you have been able to learn having been there and taken the time to get those pics. No doubt you were well educated even before going, but did you come away with any (or many) questions answered? I know Mark (Hotfun) was there grabbing reference material as well, so between you two, we must have ALL the answers, right? Lol.
I can spend a lot of time just on one photo looking for the details that normally go unnoticed. Very interesting.
Do you know if anyone grabbed shots of ALL the ID tags, inspection stickers, ink stamps, decals, etc. associated with the engine compartment?
I learned quite a bit Bruce. Gas caps, mirrors wheels. How these trucks were delivered without the floor mats installed. Correct day one spark plugs, oil filters , exhaust. How they were painted underneath , almost looks like the chassis was painted black AFTER it was assembled underneath. Have evidence of this with exhaust systems painted black .

Heres the antifreeze warning label on a six cylinder 1964.

Also correct lables for air cleaners, up through 1963 they were ink stamped. In 1964 the air cleaners changed physically a little and had paper decals placed on them. in these pictures , the smaller air cleaners , notice the 1963 lid is flatter and has a stenciled label and different style filter with a sponge like filter over the air filter , the 64 has a raised lid and regular element. The larger air cleaner is not from a Lambrecht truck but is a 1963 air cleaner. The two smaller air cleaners are both from Lambecht trucks. Also notice the bottom of each lid has a brown fiber mesh , for lack of a better term, on each.

Somewhere I have pictures of a hang tag placed on the floor shifter handle that were on a few. Underside details were a bit tough as these were pretty close to the ground, many on flat tires.
WANTED :1964-1966 PANEL TRUCK
60-66 is offline   Reply With Quote