View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #655
mocajoes

Re: Tbi swap build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter View Post
Bringing this one back to the top for a question...

I'm converting my 78 dually to TBI using a complete 87 model donor truck. I'm using the entire harness and the gauges with VSS.

My question is this...

The 87 donor was an automatic truck. My dually is a 4 speed. On the part of the 87 harness that goes to the steering column, neutral safety switch, I have two pairs of wires. One pair is blue and green. The other pair is black/white stripe and orange/black stripe. Now, of course I'm using a floor shift, so the column mounted switch is useless. Do I just leave these unplugged since I'm running an auto or do I need to jumper them together ? I assume one pair is backup lights and I'd want them disconnected.

Thank you,
Kevin
Kevin, Welcome to the thread.
I want to make sure I am understanding you correctly. You are getting rid of the 4 speed in your dually and going with an automatic, just an aftermarket floor shifter? If that Is the case then you can jump the nss but the new shifter should have a nss in it to be wired as well as b/u lights. if you want it to be able to start in gear just jump it and forget about it. I dont have the schematics to tell you which wire is which however it shouldn't be hard to figure out. For tech questions RFmaster seems to be incredibly knowledgeable.
Again welcome.
mocajoes is offline   Reply With Quote