View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 10:16 PM   #4
chad64chevy

Re: brake light and turn signal help, PLEASE!!

thanks vettevet,

so trying to solve this problem didn't help today! I replaced the dome light harness and housing cause it wasn't working either an it was old an broke, also no power to the orange wire at all! so the plan is, I ordered a new oem main harness from classic parts today! another reason for me ordering a new harness is I noticed it blew the stop light fuse an as I was changing it out, battery still connected it was arching really bad!making me think that the main harness was grounding itself out or not grounding and no thing I could think of was helping so I disconnected the battery a will wait til the new harness shows up!

also I have a hd headlight relay harness from lmc that I would like to install but it has a three wire prong coming out of it an not a two prong connection like the original harness does, it has a solid blue an solid yellow wire going to both lights an each have a ground wire, there's two relays! both yellow wires go to one an both blue wires go to another for the low an high beams, both relays have red wires going to battery, then a brown wire comes off one and a white wire comes off the other a blue wire with a white stripe goes to both of them! the brown, white and blue w/ white stripe go to the three prong! how would I wire this to work for me??

looking up how to wire in a headlight relay harness, my thinking is the blue wire with white stripe is a ground, the brown wire can go to the brown wire under the hood and the white wire can go to green under the hood! am I right or am I wrong, thanks for your help !!

Last edited by chad64chevy; 09-10-2017 at 10:23 PM.
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote