View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 09:26 PM   #13
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

Thanks for all the comments everyone!

So heres what we were working with when the outer panel was removed. Alot of very thin metal on this panel. However the firewall panel and upper gutter panel actually looked very solid.

Heres what we had after all of the bondo had been chipped away. quite a large gaping hole. Also there were alot of holes around the vent housing. I decided it would be best to drill out all of the factory spot welds and replace the entire piece rather than cut and patch a bunch of small areas.

There are still a few remaining pieces of the old panel but overall the panel is out. The dash is making it a little challenging but so far everything has moved along without any major hurdles.

Fortunately the donor trucks panel is in excellent shape. I got it about halfway out today before I ran out of daylight. I also took the dash completely out of the donor truck to give me a better understanding of how the entire panel is placed into the trucks from the factory.

This is as far as I was able to get today. It looks like it will be a few more hours of work before I can start welding in any donor panels. Fortunately I checked out the passenger side inner cowl area and it doesn't look like it will need anywhere near as much surgery. Right now I am focusing on getting everything from the toeboard up to the windshield frame solid before tackling the floors and rockers.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote