View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 07:53 PM   #1
judgerunner

99 Suburban K2500 transfer case (np8) issue.

I have a 99 K2500 Suburban with an NP8 transfer case. The first issue I had was with the selector switch in the dash board. Non of the lights would light up. If I pushed on the selector switch near were the neutral light is, the appropriate lite would come on on the selector switch. Everything on the selector switch still worked, you just didn't know the position of the transfer case unless you pushed on the selector switch near the neutral light. Now (about a year later) When you start up the truck, all the lights on the selector switch come and and stay on for about 15 to 20 minutes and then the all go out. You can no longer use the selector switch to change between and of the options (2hi, 4 hi, 4low, 4 auto). However, if you pull fuse #2 (marked for the transfer case) and leave it out for a few minutes and then re-install it, the selector switch will lite normally when you start the truck and it will allow you to make a selection between the 2hi,4 low, 4hi and 4 auto. This will continue to work until the next time you turn the truck off. Then next time you start the truck it goes back to all lights coming on and not being able to engage the transfer case.

Any help?
judgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote