Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 12:01 PM   #5777
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

... so a week goes by and I don't call them on purpose to see when or if they will ever call me (they do have my contact information written on the cardboard box and on blue tape on some of the zip loc baggies)

after a week I call them (realizing couple days in mechanic time may mean couple weeks in human time, lol)

Two guys work at this small shop, and the guy who answers the phone puts me on hold and goes to talk to the second guy to find out the status (fair enough) - - - then the phone gets disconnected, I think it was accidental.

I call back after an hour to give him ample time to gather the pertinent information and I go straight to voicemail and have to leave a message (no big deal)

couple hours later I get a call back...

There are Two Things Wrong with my transmission, (cool I think, they found the problem/source of the noise it has been making)

1. The tip of the Main Shaft needs machining - $135 dollars Extra!

2. The counter shaft pin moves around and I either need a new case or my case needs a bushing installed - $185 dollars Extra!

and 3. This shop does some machining but not this type of work so there is a delivery fee to take my parts to another shop and back - $100 dollars Extra!

So $300 => $720
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 11-09-2018 at 12:17 PM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote