View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 07:44 PM   #24
72CSTC5
Account Suspended

Okay here is my .02 cents. Speaking from a bodyman's perspective and currently being a bodyshop manager and all kinds of access to tools equipment and knowledge and the like. I would first make a game plan on what direction you want to go and stick with it as close as possible. WHILE YOU DRIVE THE TRUCK!!!!! Set up the engine you want, tranny, rear end, and suspension. Do not worry about painting or detailing anything yet. Do all of your gauges, wiring and such. Then get started on all of your bodywork. Align all of the panels first that you are going to use. Do any bodywork a panel at a time. Meanwhile you are driving this thing to shows, cruising it on the weekend because you do not care what it looks like because you are driving one cool 67-72 truck. Okay, bodywork is done, mechanicals are lined out. Blow this thing apart baby!!! Paint it all up and put it back together and then do your interior. Much easier, won't lose as much interest, won't lose as many parts and have fun while you are doing it. I have had my 72 2wd CST Blazer apart for 10 years and have about 18,000.00 dollars in it and NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING FINISHED. You get the point here. Trust me on this one.