View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #23
cableguy0

Re: The Good, The Bad and Ugly from Harbor Freight

I grew up with snap on tools. My dad spun wrenches for 25 years. I was the only kid on the block working on my bike with a 300 dollar wrench set. I also have just about given my first born to the snap on man. I have seen quality across the board drop. Snap on tools arent what they once were neither are mac,matco,craftsmen etc. Everyone has cut corners to make a cheaper product. Most people dont have an extra 100,000 dollars laying around to fill a tool box with snap on stuff. I use and abuse my tools and have to be able to trust what im using or I will get hurt and if im hurt im not working and no work = hungry kid. Im not willing to take chances like that. I do have some stuff from harbor freight in my box at work just because its absolutely insane to pay the money snap on wants for some tools. Axle nut sockets are like 50 bucks for an entire set at harbor freight yet snap on wants like 50 bucks a piece. Both have a lifetime warranty and you arent going to break either one I dont care whos name is on it. They are big obnoxious and strong. The point is American companies constantly are shipping jobs out of country and product quality suffers. Its almost impossible to buy all American made stuff. Even stuff from the ole snap on and matco trucks is coming out of China or taiwan
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote