View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 02:20 PM   #4
lsversaw

Re: Circuit Breaker as a distribution block/stud

I like the idea of 20A and 30A fuses to the ignition box and alternator. The 40A breaker will protect all of the wiring downstream from it's location. In addition, if the alternator fuse, alone, blows because of an alternator wiring fault, you will still have ignition until your battery runs out of juice.

However...First, I am not as knowledgeable about the required fault protection as others here (VetteVet, are you listening? Gmachinz?) Secondly, by wiring direct from the alternator to the battery -- bypassing the main junction point described in other current posts -- you are disabling the ammeter gauge functionality. Maybe that's OK.

I suggest you read recent posts by Mick Je and OregonNed, if you haven't already. Then post back here with a description of your proposed battery/alternator wiring and get comments from the group about the overall plan.

Good luck and stick with it. We'll help you figure it out. Especially those other, smarter guys.
lsversaw is offline   Reply With Quote