View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 10:10 PM   #65
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd

Spent some time today pulling the original gas tank, which still wears its “snake” filler neck, but unfortunately keeps blocking the fuel filter with mud rust, has been poorly patched in the past, and the gauge sender is malfunctioning. Thankfully, I have the poly tank I removed from the C10 to replace it.

When I removed the tank, I also removed a bunch of evap lines, that looped through a second filler cover on the passenger side, then ran up the framerail next to the battery to where the charcoal canister used to be. I’m guessing this was a California model, as I didn’t think trucks had this extra stuff until ‘72? Either way, when I install the new tank, I’ll make sure to, um, properly restore the function all of these lines and hoses and stuff, um, yeah

Also yanked the pretty nice and well-fitting trailer hitch from an unknown manufacturer. Almost a shame to pull it, but it hangs below the license plate which won’t exactly jive with the planned new stance
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote