View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #21
silvertip67

Re: uni vs. standard points?

all I can say is that I agree with the recent post 100%...learning the functions and mechanics of whats actually going on in the world of 327 integrally is pretty important to being able to be a good mechanic...

40 years ago dealing with points etc was a way of life...I must admit I became a bit slack due to having friends help me out with my old chevs...of course I retained the basics...but with most peroblems engine related it is always more of a claculus equation...

generally problems are never simple and ususally cross related...

I am starting a new thread on what is the best electronic system to go with a 327 in a '67 4WD...the motor is a bit farther back in that year due to the dealing with the solid front axel and the need to make room in the engine compatment etc...I know in my friends that have later years chev made some adjustments...

I found out that some change outs in my year truck(CST 67, K-20) that some ignition systems require actually jacking up the bell housing and temp undoing a motor mount??

if this can be avoided and just do a simple(sort of) R&R with the existing distributor...that is what I would like most...

thanks again for all the expertise here...if you have the dope as to what I need for my specific year & model...please post...OK...

all the best...t

'55 Chevrolet 3100 w/ 235 il6(Powermaster)
'63 Chevrolet 1/2 ton 250 il6
'65 Chevrolet 1/2 ton 283 V8
silvertip67 is offline   Reply With Quote