View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 01:46 AM   #287
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy3+3 View Post
What type of vibrations are you getting. I do have a light occasional vibe I notice in 3rd & 4th gear at a certain RPM. Mostly a high RPM like 25-2800. Which is past my normal shift RPMs for a 454. If I push the RPMs closer to 3000 them my vibration goes aways. My flywheel is new along with my clutch and pilot bushing.
The vibration on mine coincides with the noise… coast with slight tip-in of the throttle in 5th gear when the gears aren’t under load. The fussy shifting 5th gear NV4500 core that I shipped them did not do this nor does the one in the K10 but the old one I pulled out of the K10 a few years ago before it got a new one had a 5th gear that knurled the mainshaft did make a similar noise and vibration. I suspect the reman shop did not replace the 5th gear or mainshaft in this so called reman, just added new bearings, synros, and 5th gear nut fix. Even with a retightened 5th gear nut if the mainshaft is knurled the 5th gear will rock on it and make noise/vibration. I think that is what I wrong with this “reman”. Zoomad rode in it yesterday and he was like….. “wholly @#%K”

On yours I suggest having a trans shop listen to it. The noise could be normal and the vibration may not be related. It still seems odd you added that AA spacer and didn’t have to adjust driveline lengths. Your vibration may have nothing to do with the noise but more related to adjustments needed due to the swap itself.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote